When Darkness Comes - Alexandra Ivy

I loved the author's writing style in this book. I prefer how it she does it with it switching between characters. I had a hard time at the beginning of the book and there were some places that I was like what on earth. Twice there were references to quiche which I found extremely strange. "I like them with a heartbeat and a taste for quiche, not blood" and "Upon my quiche-hating heart". Just strange. I didn't like the long deadly fang and alabaster skin all the time either.

Despite all of this I loved the story. Two people who were complete opposites had been pining for each other for months when they were thrown into this dangerous adventure together. They have to get over their own insecurities to realize that they are perfect for each other. They are joined by another vampire Viper who is a collector of rare things and seems pretty funny. He is even older than Dante.

In the end Abby and Dante stay in Selena's home and rebuild. They become true mates by sharing each others blood and Abby begins to learn how to cloak the phoenix.