A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry, #1) - Laurell K. Hamilton, Laural Merlington

This book was absolutely not what I was expecting it to be. Truthfully I didn't think I'd like it. I think after this and the Fever series I've learned my lesson. I'm not sure why I've avoided faerie stories but I think my mind has been changed for me.

There's a lot going on in this book but it's not hard to follow. There's a lot of funny parts and some stuff that just grossed me out. I really liked Merry and her personality. Despite my usual need to have some love interest for the main character I like how this book ends up. I'm already curious what happens in the next books.

One thing I liked about this book is the court intrigue. That is one of the things I like about books like The Song of Ice and Fire series. There's so much going on and you never know where the next threat will come from. This isn't one of those series where humans don't know Fae exist. From the way it's written it's as if the humans have always been aware of the Fae. Definetly worth the read. Just be aware this is erotica, I wouldn't read it if you are shy of sex even though there isn't much.