Guilty Pleasures  - Laurell K. Hamilton, Kimberly Alexis

Well I finally gave in and read it. I have put off reading this series for years since there seems to be so many mixed reviews on it. I read it for a group challenge. I got the audio so that made it a very easy read for me. I liked it and I'm very interested to see what happens next but it's not like I'm dying to get on to the next book. Again, because of what everyone has said about this series. One thing, I've heard that this is almost identical to Laurell K. Hamilton's Meredith Gentry series and I just don't see it? I really liked the first book of Meredith Gentry which I read for the same challenge. I don't see any similarities.

I thought Anita Blake was hilarious. I liked the idea of an animator, but wish there would have been more of that in the book. Other than that none of the characters are really interesting except mabye Jean-Claude but he wasn't really in the book much.

The mystery part of the book was pretty cool although I figured it out way before Anita did. I hate it when that happens. I like to be surprised. All in all I liked the book, but didn't love it. I plan to read more of the series though I've been advised that the series goes downhill after book 8 or so.