Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts Series #1)

Unholy Ghosts  - Stacia Kane, Bahni Turpin

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that this book is very different than pretty much all of urban-fantasy books I've read. First of all the main character Chess is definitely not what you'd think of as the heroine in a story. She has some major problems. But... it works. It's nice to see someone imperfect. Secondly, you have the whole Downside Ghosts concept. Wow. Now here's another way different thing. Reminds me a little of Kate Daniels where something happens that changes everything. But whoa if you are super religious I wouldn't read it. I myself not having those issues found this book refreshing. One last thing I'd like to comment on is the supporting characters. Terrible and Lex. Love the way Terrible talks! All of them actually, the slang is so cool. (Keep in mind I got this on audiobook) So I'm on team Terrible at the moment. Just started book 2 so we'll see! Overall I have to say bravo to Stacia Kane for writing something so un-like everything else out there. Looks like I'm hooked.