Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between

Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between - J.A. Saare

I read this book for the Gotta Have Paranormal Romance with a Kick group's newbies vs vets challenge. I wasn't very impressed with the description of the book so I'd never read it before. Darn descriptions! It was really good. I would say some similarities with Charley Davidson, Downside Ghosts and Night Huntress. I can't really say which I would like more since this is only the first of this series that I have read. After the cliffhanger ending it won't be the last.

I liked Rhiannon. She's the polar opposite of your fluffed up girly girl. She has some major issues but her sarcastic sense of humor is entertaining. Disco is really cool. Just a laid-back vampire type. Not as much the macho alpha male. If you're wondering about the name you'll have to read to the end. There's also Goose, another necromancer. He's uptight but it's funny when Rhiannon makes fun of him.

Ever had a book ending make you just feel sick? This is my second experience like this. The first was with the Undead series. It's like everything is going great and then BAM! I don't know how I feel about it truthfully but I enjoyed the rest of the book so I didn't take away any stars for my freak-out over the ending.