Ellie's Wolf (After the Crash, Book 5)

Ellie's Wolf - Maddy Barone

I've been going back and forth with myself over my rating for this book. I absolutely loved the first 80% of the book. The last 20% seemed unnecessary... or mabye it was just me. Also it was like she realized oh yea Ellie is supposed to be from a religious commune I'd better throw a bunch of religion in there at the end. As you can see, I'm torn over this review. I'd say 3 1/2 stars if we could, so I upped it since I liked majority of the book.

Enough of that... on to the review! So my first thoughts since I did not read any of the rest of the series is that this reminds me of a brainstorming exercise they would make us do in language arts in school. Imagine that terrorists wiped out most of the women leaving a ratio of 1 to 200 men, what would happen? I would say exactly what happens in this book. Bride fights, women stealers, women marrying young and remarrying soon after being widowed. Since I didn't read the first books I'm not exactly sure why they live like the wild west but I liked it.

As far as characters go Quill was my favorite. I can't say enough about how much I loved him! If I lived in this world I would say Quill is the perfect mate. Ellie I liked as well until she started with the religious internal dialog. I can understand why it was in the book due to her character profile but it just didn't seem to fit with the rest of the book. I loved Jelly/Stone, Snake and Mel as well. Sara annoyed me at first and then she grew on me. I even liked Tommy and Connor! Seriously I loved the characters in this book and I think the whole concept is unique and I plan to read the rest of the series.

So... if you like shifter romances, western-type romances or are just looking for something different you'll like this book. Quill is sooo worth the read. :)

My favorite quote, I didn't want to add it to quotes and ruin the surprise!"“What’s your whole name?”
Tommy sniffed, agonized hope battling with the despair on his face. “Thomas McKinley Moore.”
Quill squatted to look the boy in the eye. “That used to be your name. You have a new name now: Thomas McKinley Wolfe. You are my son, and Ellie is your mother. You go up to the house with your mother and brother and help them get you packed to go to your new home.”
Tommy’s face filled with delight. “Yes, sir!”"

*Book provided by the Author through PNR NaUBA group Author/Reader Exchange*